Unlike women, males are also triggered socially by body shaming. Therefore, body contouring is needed, which is only possible with advanced treatments like gynecomastia surgery. It’s not a condition that is associated with any chronic health issues, but it may be if not treated. Let us brief you on everything about male breast reduction treatment, condition, potential risks, and cost in the blog.
What is Gynecomastia?
In males, breast enlargement is caused by increased breast gland tissue, which is known as gynecomastia. This may be caused by hormonal changes or even medication side effects, puberty, etc. Some are temporary and may be permanent. It may occur on one side or both the chest (breast) side in men. Gynecomastia, however, is different from pseudo-gynecomastia in that it only occurs due to fat in breast tissue.
Generally, gynecomastia recovers naturally and doesn’t need any treatment, but for cosmetic reasons, males do look for the best Male Breast Reduction treatment. The benefit of gynecomastia surgery is to contour the male chest portion, which boosts self-esteem and helps enhance the male appearance.
What is Gynecomastia Surgery and its Types?
Gynecomastia Surgery is an advanced cosmetic treatment for males to give the chest proper contouring that starts looking like women’s breasts. It helps in making appearances best, making men have fuller chests. It is specially designed to remove enlarged breast tissue or fat, even skin, from the area to contour the chest.
The Different Types of Gynecomastia Surgery:
Gynecomastia surgical treatment is categorized into two major types.
- Liposuction: This is done to remove stubborn fat in the chest tissues and contour the portion in men. This is best among people with good skin elasticity and minimal glandular tissues, leaving no scar behind or even fewer.
- Excision: This is processed by making larger incisions in the breast (chest) area. It may depend on the size, pattern, length, and location of the incision surgeon to get the desired chest contouring results. The firm glandular breast tissues are removed easily with it.
- Combination: If the desired results are challenging to achieve with any one of the gynecomastia treatment types, then a combination is done. It includes both liposuction and excision, which helps in removing extra fat and unwanted breast tissue. It may also process with resizing and repositioning of the nipple area, which is invasive and takes a little more time to heal.
The Right Ways to Find for Gynecomastia Surgery Surgeon:
The following tips will help you find the best gynecomastia surgery surgeon with experience.
- Check Credentials and License: Obviously, check for a gynecomastia surgeon within the best clinic offering male breast reduction surgical treatment. Look for the credentials like board certifications, practice licenses, disciplinary actions, etc.
- Experience and Skills: You can’t trust unprofessional surgeons when it comes to health and surgical treatments like gynecomastia. So, check for the surgeon’s experience and skills. The expert gynecomastia doctor will give complete assistance with consultancy, examination, and follow-up on your condition. A surgeon with trained skills and knowledge will let you relax and easily identify the risks associated with treatment (if any).
- Hospital/Clinic Reputation: Hospital or clinic affiliation is necessary. The staff will give complete help to patients with such advanced technology cosmetic surgical treatments like gynecomastia. The clinic will maintain its reputation with services, patient care, hygiene, and dedicated management assistance. Gynecomastia clinics will surely maintain their facilities to give patients peace of mind with both medical and non-medical help.
- Look Reviews and Testimonials: You can search online for the top-rated gynecomastia clinics and hospitals. Check for reviews of previous patients to give absolute satisfaction before decision-making for male breast reduction treatment hospitals and surgeons.
What Cost is Estimated for Gynecomastia Surgery?
There are so many factors that decide gynecomastia surgery like the type of gynecomastia, anesthesia type, gynecomastia stage, surgeon experience, medical expenses and fees, location of the hospital, etc.
Let’s sum up gynecomastia here; there is a lot more to discuss. If you want Male Breast Reduction treatment, then you must take proper consultancy and then decide. Be sure to look for a reputable gynecomastia surgical hospital and the best surgeon to assist with the treatment process, potential causes, symptoms, risk factors, etc.